Friday, March 05, 2010

a perfect day in my book


today will and i caught most of toddlertime at the library. he actually paid attention to the book for maybe 2 minutes this time. an improvement. they did bubbles and he loved that of course. there were no tears and even a few smiles - this was awesome!

we then went to joanns. any trip to joanns makes the day happier.

then we went to the park. i love living here because there are about 5 or 6 parks that are less than 10 minutes or less from my house that have really cool playgrounds! tax dollars at work i guess.

the sun is shining and it's over 50 degrees! spring - bring it on!

then we came home and ate some lunch (leftovers - not sandwiches - i get so tired of sandwiches sometimes). and with no prompting from me, will does this...

the picture above - will carries the monkey to his booster seat and says "snack" (sounds like dack). (i think he was wanting me to get him one of his snacks - i get out his fake food though. i told him the monkey wanted a carrot and a banana so he fed him).

then a few minutes later, will says "diaper" (sounds like bop - don't ask, i have no idea. i repeat the word diaper to him over and over very clearly and he still wants to say bop). so apparently, the monkey now needs a diaper. will lays him on the couch. this is where will gets his diaper changed often.




he puts the monkey on the diaper and says "good boy" (sounds like bi bee). then he says "be still" (sounds like ee iwoh). can you tell he hears that when he gets his diaper changed. i just wish he knew what it meant!


then he wipes the monkey - HAHAHA. i did not tell him to do any of this.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day! His attention span sounds about right ~ he's almost two, right? Boy, do I remember those library days with my boys. All the girls would sit perfectly still and I thought there was something wrong with my boys. :-) I miss Joanns! Parks are underestimated in america ~ glad you have so many nearby ~ a necessity for a mom of a busy boy! We thought spring was coming ~ woke up to two inches of snow! I loathe sandwiches! I love that you captured this of Will ~ priceless! I love that you understand every word he says!! He's so cleaver!! I love this post!!! Pure sweetness!!

    ReplyDelete