Thursday, January 15, 2009

contract job


I have some work for sale in a nearby furniture consignment shop. I haven't sold any paintings there yet, but one day a lady walked in and saw my red chair painting and was then interested in having me paint something for her office.
I think this is the best contract job I've ever had. I tried to learn from my mistakes in the past and I'm pleased with the result. I wasn't stressed about a deadline and I didn't get ripped off.
So, now this painting is hanging in a HR office for a transportation engineering company. She has a leopard print rug, two purple velvet covered shell tufted chairs and green nesting tables in front of it. She likes bright colors, hats, textures, etc. I just realized this painting doesn't have a name.
The trees are bright purple feathers - I repeated that element in the lamp as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment