Friday, January 02, 2009

a blog resurrection

so, now it's a new year. 2009. my brothers encouraged me to start blogging again. so, here i am resurrecting the blog.

2008 was quite a year for me. took quite a toll on this 26 year old body. i worked until i had my baby boy in july- then i really worked for the remainder of the year - being a mom. yes, i quit my "job" to be a mother. and it has been a lesson in flexibility and consistency and trust in God Almighty. a lesson that i fear i will never really get the hang of, but the truth is, i keep forgetting it's a daily thing and that the Word of God is my sword. that's the kicker - that last part.

God took some things away from me the last half of the year. i no longer could just do whatever i wanted whenever i wanted. this was Very hard for me to get used to. and then, God took away my family's financial security when my husband was laid off in October.

remember that story about the little girl and the fake pearls and her dad wants to give her the real strand of pearls if she'll only first give up her fake ones? i've been thinking about that a lot.

it's getting late and i need to retire soon, so i'll try to wrap up quickly. words describing 2008 - fatigue, joy, amazement, sorrow, anger, extreme fatigue, anxiety, fear, Unconditional Love. in 2009 i'm gonna try to get further away from perfectionism and enjoy my family more. because while God took away, he gave. He gave me an awesome baby, a stronger relationship with my husband - and he gave me opportunities to be an Artist again. oh, and we can't forget babywise. and you know what - i'm a heck of a cook now.

whatever crap happens, God is still all about goodness.

1 comment: