Tuesday, March 22, 2005

being baptist

i spent the weekend with a friend - who has asked to remain nameless, haha - and on sunday night, we went to her church. the choir was presenting their easter musical. very meaningful service. or it should have been anyway. i have to leave out some really funny details here, for fear of sounding really mean. but, anyway, the kicker happened during the invitation. okay so i'm really trying to focus and listen to God and to my heart (to make up for the lost opportunity the previous 45 minutes) and my friend (who is a very strong Christian by the way) looks over at me with a sudden realization and says ... "when are taxes due???"

LOL. oh MY gosh. that did it - i almost fell out of my chair - and not because the Spirit had moved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment