Wednesday, May 16, 2018

remembering january 2014

(i wrote this january 2014.  this was a few weeks before the sinus infection and the darkness i talked about in my post about being known.  life was so chaotic, but i am so glad i wrote this down, because it shows me the beauty in my life at that time.)


sometimes i feel like i live in a reality show.  i never imagined myself taking care of 3 kids by myself each week.  but we are here.  my husband's job expects him to spend monday through friday 4 hours away from home. 
yes, we are here with baby needing 2 naps, walking and into everything, the cutest thing ever really - getting hurt and never keeping her socks on - loving feeding herself and watching brother and sister.  sister is growing up so fast and about to turn 3 next wednesday.  occasionally i stop long enough and notice how very smart she is.  and the boy in kindergarten and if the baby wakes up before 7:30 we're all heading down the street in the van because it's 32 degrees or below outside and i gotta get the boy on the bus.
and the kids are young.  really, there's just one kid.  then a toddler and a baby.  they are beautiful and smart - they are my full-time job.  they need a lot of help.  and i am only one person.  monday thru friday.
growing up in a Christian environment i often heard phil. 4:13.  i can do anything through Christ who gives me strength...
i've only recently realized the other part of that coin.  "apart from me you can do nothing" john 15:5.

No comments:

Post a Comment