Tuesday, May 22, 2012

what a month!

my hubby has been getting on to me about not blogging lately. but, it has been quite a month. hubby has been traveling. baby has been cutting molars. the kids have had two viruses. one that they shared with me - a stomach virus - the day before we had a flight to florida for a vacay with working hubby. wow, that plane ride with 15 month old infant in arms was rough. the 3 year old loved it! but of course, he had his own seat.

thank you, Lord for several friends and family members who have provided support to me during this past month - especially the last little bit. from watching my kids, to praying for me, and also for just talks on the phone (sometimes with loud children in the background). it kept me sane. of course, you know.

one thing i am trying to learn - 1)you can say no. 2)treat yourself a little. find your happy place - you're kids will thank you for it!

happy place includes:

long walks outside - alone or with stroller and baby - that works too - gotta get those endorphins back
screen porch time
coffee
de cluttering the house
blue hydrangeas on the kitchen table (from my front yard!)
candles
painting
music

we're getting there. the kids are trying to get over this last virus. we've been watching more tv than normal, building with Legos a lot while baby naps, serving a lot of childrens motrin, and trying to clean a very dirty house. hoping things calm down soon - looking forward to a fun summer.

before i forget, i have to write a few willisms:

menu - food looker
cashier - pay pointer
pharmacists - medicine asker
he still can't say some of his sounds, esp. when you put two consonants together. so brown brush is "frown frush".
and my favorite is when he says, "when i grow up" sounds more like "when i throw up" and he talks about growing up a lot. it really confuses some people.

Asleep on the couch in the middle of the day = sick
St. Pete's Beach, FL
The kids prefer the pool to the beach
"I'm going to be an airplane friver when I frow up!" Thank you Delta for giving him hours in the 757.

No comments:

Post a Comment