Thursday, October 01, 2009

the High


a detail pic of a quilt in the folk art section - love folk art.


lee is excited to be on a date that lasts more than 2 hours. i had forgotten how much he loves museums - he enjoyed it more than i did. i'm pretty impatient and like to speed through. he likes to read about every piece and learn as much as he can. one of the many ways we are different from one another.


my first trip to the high museum of art - i'm excited! i studied this piece of architecture in college. love richard meier.


me and my sweetie! afterwards we ate at Figo - we got to eat outside - food was so tasty - and then instead of sharing a piece of pie, lee got two pieces! we couldn't decide between the key lime pie and the peanut butter pie. both were excellent! i'm a big pb and chocolate freak, but i have to say the key lime was the best. great date! oh, and the tickets were free because it was museum day. we just had to pay for parking. God loves me.

1 comment:

  1. Aaahhh, a museum, good food, and pie! (Ever noticed that no one in the world can say pie like a southerner!) Anyhoo, sounds like a perfect day to me! I would enjoy a museum with either of you b/c I enjoy studying some things with great detail but I'm also a scanner ~ depends on the subject. :)

    Glad you guys had a great time and enjoyed a special date!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete