Friday, October 19, 2007

ode to rice cakes

going through some memories this afternoon - ran across this poem sent to me in the mail when i was away for a summer at governor's school. i miss you leigh!!

sweet,
crunchy,
fun to eat,
though many people hate you,
you're still my tasty late night treat.
they come in a can,
or you buy them in a pack.
they're full of wholesome goodness.
they are a perfect snack.
they come in many flavors.
chocolate, white cheddar, caramel, and monterey jack.
i eat you for breakfast.
i eat you at noon.
i eat you in the evening...
underneath the moon.
this is my ode to rice cakes.
rice cakes, i love you

original poem by kathryn lyons 1997

hahahaha! isn't that great??? makes me wanna go buy a pack of quaker caramel corn.

1 comment:

  1. You have the weirdest friends. Oh wait... I'm one of them. :P

    Hey chica! ^_^

    ReplyDelete