Friday, May 11, 2007

I'm back!

So since my last post I have been painting practically the whole house (interior) before we moved in on March 31 - thanks to some friends for help ( robin, jonathan, mr. cox - and lee, of course). Then it was the getting settled part - does it ever end? My parents were able to come down for a few days and helped us a lot.

I like to have a clean and organized house - I guess everybody does - but, I'm learning to let a few things go for awhile. Plumbing issues definitely put a kink into the whole getting settled thing. And whoah, is it expensive. Savings came in handy then!

Also, for the whole month of April, we did not have internet. I was trying to see how long I could go. Because the library is maybe a mile away. We walked there one night. But, after about 2 or 3 weeks, I broke down and decided I wanted internet starting in may. We're still doing okay without cable. Although, our antennae won't pick up - is it abc? and not cbs very well either. so no more oprah or the view or ugly betty. I miss it rarely and less and less with every day. I'm such a tv addict, so it's so much better that we don't have cable. I already waste too much time as it is. So, what stations are left, you ask? nbc - i still get to watch martha stewart (every now and again), fox, tbs, GPB, and a Hispanic station. GPB has this great show on sunday nights about nature. one time they had a hippo fight - wow that was cool!

lee and i saw a coyote cross in front of our car in our neighborhood a few nights ago. at first we thought was a dog, then lee said it was a gray fox. but we really think its a coyote because we've been hearing in the news about how the coyote population in norcross has increased 3000 % in the past few years or something like that. maybe that's a little exaggerated but still!

I've been married 11 months!

I know at this point, many of my friends are already married, but there are a good many who aren't. If you're thinking about getting engaged soon, consider pre-engagement counseling and of course if you are already engaged, get some quality pre-marital counseling. Know where you stand on family, religion, money, how you'll raise your kids, how you communicate - gosh there's so much more. Know what you would expect of your mate if you were to get married. I have a questionnaire I can send to you if you are interested. If you are engaged, go ahead and set a budget Before you get married. Know what you can and can't afford and how to manage the money that you do have. Check out www.crown.org and check out the budget guide under the tools tab. (sorry, i can't get the link to work). I'm so glad Lee and I did this in the beginning - it's helped us a lot.

Whoever still reads this - love to you!

1 comment:

  1. Laura, what an AWESOME statement---I really want to post this on my blog for our brother who is about to get married (in a hurry) without thinking...Love ya! Lapo

    ReplyDelete